Should a gas leak occur, it is more than likely that it will be first noticed by the smell; firstly turn closed the cylinders valve.
If a cylinder is found to be leaking and cannot be stopped:
- Position the cylinder in a well-ventilated area away from drains, sources of ignition, buildings and other cylinders
- Isolate the cylinder from general access away from the public. Extinguish all naked fires and sources of ignition – NO SMOKING
- Open all doors and windows. Beware that LP Gas is heavier than air and will collect at the lowest levels.
- Do not switch electrical appliances on – NO MOBILE PHONES .
- Contact your installer for internal leaks and appliance problems.
- Call your local LP Gas emergency line
If the cylinder catches fire:
• Raise the alarm and activate any fire alarms
• Call your local fire department informing them of the incident and that an LP Gas cylinder is involved
• Evacuate everyone from the area
• Remove surrounding cylinders if it is safe to do so
• Do not attempt to extinguish the fire unless it is safe to do so
• No attempt should be made by untrained persons to rectify any faults with cylinders.